Dr. Mr. Raman Kumar Biswas
Associate Professor and Chairman
Dept. of Disaster Resilience and Engineering,
Faculty of Disaster Management, PSTU, Dumki, Patuakhali, Bangladesh.
Mobile No: +8801300841136
Ph. D from Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan Masters of Science (Earth Science), Tohoku Univesity, Japan. Masters in Geology and Mining Rajshahi University.
Academic Gold Medal from Swahrawardi Hall, Rajshahi University
- Biswas, R.K., Kaiho, K., Saito, R., Tian, L., and Shi, Z., 2020. Terrestrial ecosystem collapse and soil erosion before the end-Permian marine extinction: Organic geochemical evidence from marine and non-marine records. Global and Planetary Change, 195, p.103327.
- Kaiho K., Saito R., Oba M., Ito K., Miyaji T., Biswas R., Tian L., Sano H., Shi Z., Takahashi S., Tong J., Liang L., Oba M., Nara F.W., Tsuchiya N., Chen Z.Q., (2016) Effects of soil erosion and anoxic–the euxinic ocean in the Permian–Triassic marine crisis. Heliyon 2, 137.
- Saito, R., Kaiho, K., Oba, M., Tong, J., Chen, Z.Q., Takahashi, S., Chen, J., Tian, L. and Biswas, R.K., (2016) Secular changes in environmental stresses and eukaryotes during the Early Triassic to the early Middle Triassic. Palaeogeogr. Palaeoclimatol. Palaeoecol. 451, 35-45.
- Kulatunga U; Gayan W; Dilanthi A; Parvez A and Biswas R.K.; Disaster Risk Reduction in Bangladesh 2012, World Construction Conferences; Colombo, Srilanka; 209-220pp.
- Biswas R.K.; Shamsuzzoha M; Islam A.R.M.T; 2012. Suitability Assessment of some Groundwater samples for Irrigation of Shailakupa Upazila under Jhenaidah District.; Journal of the Patuakhali Science and Technology University.
- Biswas R.K.; Roy M.K. and Haque K.I. 2014 ‘Assessment of ground water quality for drinking purposes in some parts of Jhenaidah District, Bangladesh’ International Journal of Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences; Jaipur, India.
- Biswas, R.K, Saito, R., Kaiho, and., Zhiqiang Shi, “Land ecosystem collapse followed by marine environmental stress spanning the Permian-Triassic mass extinction” Journal of Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta.
- Biswas. R.K.; Roy. M.K. and Roy. D.K. “Adaptive Strategies through Indigenous Knowledge in Agriculture Sector of Patuakhali District” in the Journal of Institute Bangladesh Studies, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
- Biswas. R.K.; et. el. “Assessment of drinking water-related Arsenic and Salinity hazard in Patuakhali District” Journal of the Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh
- Islam. A. R. M. T; Islam. M. A; Tasnuva. A; and Biswas. R. K. “Petrophysical characterization of the shale-sand gas reservoir using well log interpretation: A case study of Narsingdi Gas Field, Bangladesh” International Journal of Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Joypur, India.
- Disaster Risk Reduction: Principle and Practices, Credit hour: 2
- Introduction to Hazard risk and disaster, Credit hour: 2
- Indigenous Knowledge for Disaster Management, Credit hour: 2
- Fundamentals of Hydrology, (Theory and Practical), Credit hour: (2+1)
- Introduction to Earth Science Credit hour: 2
- Earthquake Management and Engineering (Theory and Practical), Credit hour: (2+1)
- Disaster Risk Management in Business Sector, Credit hour: 2
- Disaster Risk Management in Tourism Sector Credit hour: 2
- Fundamentals of Geophysics, Credit hour: 2
- Oceanography, Credit hour: 2
- Remote Sensing; Credit hour: 2
Supervision of B.Sc. Research Report and MS Thesis:
|Sl. No||Level of Supervision||Title||Name of the student||Time Duration|