Course Title: Landslide
Download all the class lectures in PDF versions for the topics of Landslide.
1. What is a landslide?
2. What are the main ways that
materials on a slope may fail?
3. What is the safety factor, and how is it defined?
4. Differentiate between rotational slides (slumps) translational slides and shallow slips.
5. How does the slope angle affect the incidence of landslides?
6. What are the three ways that
vegetation is important in slope
7. How may spontaneous liquefaction occur?
8. Why does time play an important role in landslides?
9. What is the main lesson learned from the Vaiont Dam disaster?
10. How might the process of urbanization increase or decrease the stability of the slope