Dr. Raman Kumar Biwas:
Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track)
Shinshu University, Matsumoto,
(MS and Ph.D. (Tohoku University, Japan)
Associate Professor and Chairman (Ex)
Dept. of Disaster Resilience and Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Science and Disaster Management
Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Dumki,
- E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell phone: +8801300841136 (BD)
- Web site: https://www.pstu.ac.bd/teachers/mr.ramankumarbiswas
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/raman-kumar-biswas-82981597/
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.jp/citations?user=jFr-pBgAAAAJ&hl=en
Ph. D. (Oct 2016-Nov 2020) Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
Thesis; “Terrestrial Ecosystem Collapse and Soil Erosion before the End-Permian Marine Extinction: Organic Geochemical Evidence from Marine and Non-Marine Records”
- Advisor; Prof. Dr. Kunio kaiho
- Result; Passed
MS in Earth Science (Oct 2014-Sep 2016) Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- Thesis; “Land ecosystem collapse followed by marine environmental stress spanning the Permian-Triassic mass extinction”
- Advisor; Prof. Dr. Kunio kaiho
- Result; First Class
M.Sc. in Geology & Mining (2005-2006) Rajshahi University, Bangladesh (Exam held in 2008)
- Thesis: “STUDY OF GROUNDWATER QUALITY IN SHAILAKUPA UPAZILA, JHENAIDAH, BANGLADESH”
- Advisor: Dr. Khandaker Imamul Haque
- Result : First Class
B.Sc. in Geology & Mining (2002-2005) Rajshahi University, Bangladesh (Exam held in 2006)
- Research : Geological field work on Maheshkhali Island of Cox’s Bazar District, Bangladesh
- Advisor: Dr. Mrinal Kanti Roy
- Result : First Class
Higher Secondary school Certificate (H.S.C) in Science Jessore Board, Bangladesh, 2000
- Result : First Division
Secondary school Certificate (S.S.C) in Science Jessore Board, Bangladesh, 1998
- Result : First Division with star marks
Date of Birth: April 12, 1982
Nationality : Bangladeshi
Blood Group: B+
Marital status: Married
Research interest in Brief:
Biogeochemistry, Mass Extinction and Paleo-climate, Evolutionary Changes and causes, Sedimentology, Marine Environmental changes, and its phenomenon. Geological Research, Paleo extinction of the earth history, GIS and Remote Sensing, Ground Water Quality. Petroleum Exploration using a biomarker analysis by GCMS/MS
Current Research on:
“Recalculation of the 2a-methylhopanes index as a robust proxy for the stress environmental condition.
Working as an assistant professor and research fellow under professor Dr. Yoshida Kohki at Shinshu University during the period of 1 December to 31 March 2022.
- Biswas R.K., Ghosh S., Islam A. S, Roshni F.A., and Roshnai, 2022. Assessment of Drinking Water Quality and its Effects on Health from Mongla City with Surrounding Area of Bangladesh Am. J. Pure Appl. Sci, 4(3) 47-54 pp. Published on June 10, 2022.
- Biswas R.K., SiddiquaA., Rahim M.A, Roy D.K, Ghosh S., Jame M.Y., 2022 Farming system through the Indigenous Knowledge in Wetland Agriculture Sector in Patuakhali District, Bangladesh” J.Patuakhali Sci.Tech. Uni. (Accepted, Manuscript Number: JPSTU-2021-12-09) 25 October 2022.
- Rokonuzzaman M.H., Rahim M.A., Biswas R.K., Nur M.N.B., Siddiqua A., 2022. Climate Vulnerability Assessment and Building Community Resiliency at Kalaskati Union, Bakerganj Am. J. Pure Appl. Sci, 4(3) 41-46 pp. Published on May 7 2022.
- Khan A. H., Biswas R.K., Ansary M.A., Roy D.K., Rokonuzzaman M.K., 2022. Assessment of River Bank Erosion and Channel Shifting of Lower Padma River using Multitemporal Satellite Data and GIS Technique, Journal of the Patuakhali Science and Technology University. (Accepted, Manuscript Number: JPSTU-2021-12-09)
- Aftabuzzaman, M., Kaiho, K., Biswas, R.K., Liu, Y., Saito, R., Tian, L., Bhat, G.M. and Chen, Z.Q., 2021. End-Permian terrestrial disturbance followed by the complete plant devastation, and the vegetation proto-recovery in the earliest-Triassic recorded in coastal sea sediments. Global and Planetary Change, p.103621.
- Biswas, R.K., Kaiho, K., Saito, R., Tian, L. and Shi, Z., 2020. Terrestrial ecosystem collapse and soil erosion before the end-Permian marine extinction: Organic geochemical evidence from marine and non-marine records. Global and Planetary Change, 195, p.103327.
- Kaiho K., Saito R., Oba M., Ito K., Miyaji T., Biswas R., Tian L., Sano H., Shi Z., Takahashi S., Tong J., Liang L., Oba M., Nara F.W., Tsuchiya N., Chen Z.Q., (2016) Effects of soil erosion and anoxic–euxinic ocean in the Permian–Triassic marine crisis. Heliyon 2, 137.
- Saito, R., Kaiho, K., Oba, M., Tong, J., Chen, Z.Q., Takahashi, S., Chen, J., Tian, L. and Biswas, R.K., (2016) Secular changes in environmental stresses and eukaryotes during the Early Triassic to the early Middle Triassic. Palaeogeogr. Palaeoclimatol. Palaeoecol. 451, 35-45.
- Kunio, K., ITO, , Saito., R., MIYAJI, T., OBA, M., Satoshi, T., BISWAS, R.K. 2015, Abrupt surface-water reduction accompanied with massive soil inflow during the end-Permian mass extinction Japan Geo science meeting BPT 17-11
- Kulatunga U; Gayan W; Dilanthi A; Parvez A and Biswas K.; Disaster Risk Reduction in Bangladesh 2012, World Construction Conferences; Colombo, Srilanka; 209-220pp.
- Biswas R.K.; Shamsuzzoha M; Islam A.R.M.T; 2012. Suitability Assessment of some Groundwater samples for Irrigation of Shailakupa Upazila under Jhenaidah District, Journal of the Patuakhali Science and Technology University.
- Biswas R.K., Roy M.K. and Haque K.I. 2013. Assessment of groundwater quality for drinking purposes in some parts of Jhenaidah District, Bangladesh. International Journal of Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences; Jaipur, India. Vol. 3 (1) pp.195-204.
- Biswas, R.K., Roy, D.K., Islam, A.R.M.T., Rahman, M.M. and Ali, M.M., 2014. Assessment of drinking water related to arsenic and salinity hazard in Patuakhali district, Bangladesh. International journal of advanced geosciences, 2(2), pp.82-85.
- Islam, A.R.M.T., Islam, M.A., Tasnuva, A., Biswas, R.K. and Jahan, K., 2014. Petro physical parameter studies for characterization of gas reservoir of Norshingdi gas field, Bangladesh. International Journal of Advanced Geosciences, 2(2), pp.53-58.
- নিউটনের যত আবিষ্কার নিউটনের যত আবিষ্কার (হার্ডকভার) by Dr. Raman Kumar Biswas,
Product Specification & Summary Specification Author Title নিউটনের যত আবিষ্কার (The Discovery of Newton) Author ড. রমন কুমার বিশ্বাস Publisher বাবুই ISBN 9789849661030 Edition 1st Published, 2022 Country (Bangladesh) বাংলাদেশ Language (Bangla) বাংলা https://www.rokomari.com/book/231869/newtoner-joto-abishkar
International Conference attended:
- Conference of Japan Geosciences Meeting on 06 May, 2017.
Paper Presented; Biswas, R.K, Saito, R., Kaiho, and., Zhiqiang Shi, “Land ecosystem collapse followed by marine environmental stress spanning the Permian-Triassic mass extinction” Journal of Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta.
- IGCP 630 Meeting in Japan, 2017 (Permian-Triassic Climatic & Environmental Extremes and Biotic Response) Sendai, Japan. June 14-20, 2017
Peper Presented; “Land ecosystem collapse followed by marine environmental stress spanning the Permian-Triassic mass extinction”
- International meeting of Paleontological Society of Japan at Tohoku University held on 22 June 2018 to 24 June 2018. Paper presented: Biswas, R.K, Saito, R., Kaiho, and., Zhiqiang Shi “Terrestrial collapse spanning the end-Permian mass extinction”
- Participated and Certified for the Joint Staff and International Stakeholder Training at the BECK Project; a Collaborative work among Russia, Srilanka, and Bangladesh on 30 June, 2020 (Virtual Training).
- A certificate in Data Acquisition, Preprocessing, and Modelling using the PCRaster Phyton Framework Module 14, 19 ‐ 30 September 2022 at the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, The Netherlands.
- A certificate of completion on Basic ArcGIS Training for Beginners and Professionals during the Period of 1st September to 1st December 2021 by the ESDM Club, PSTU.
- A certificate on Basic ArcGIS Training for Beginners and Professionals during the Period of 05 July to 02 August 2021 by the ESDM Club, PSTU.
- MEXT Scholarship for the MS Leading to the Ph.D. program at Tohoku University from 30 September 2014 to 1 October 2019.
- A Certificate training course on Disaster management and monitoring using integrated space technology(RS-GIS-GNSS-GTV&V) by Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organization(SPARRSO). (25 Sep-05 2011).
- A certificate from Graduate Training Institute (GTI) maymonshing, Bangladesh on “9th foundation Training for University Teachers” (12 May-10 June 2013).
- A certificate by the University of Sal ford, Manchester, UK for participating, data analysis and conducted a presentation on Earthquake scenario in Bangladesh by INSPIRE Scheme CEREBELLA Research project funded by British Council from 26 Feb-05 Mar. 2012)
- Academic Gold Medal from Rajshahi University for obtaining 1st Class in B.Sc in Geology and mining.
- Musical & cultural competition 2007, Shaheed Suhrawardi Hall, Rajshahi University.
- Incentive trip in Manila, Philippine for 7 days in 2011.by Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited.
- Incentive trip in India for 5 days in 2010. By Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited
Teaching Experience (Bangladesh):
From 06 March 2011 –till date in the Dept. of Disaster Resilience and Engineering
Faculty of Disaster Management, Patuakhali Science and Technology University,
Dumki, Patuakhali, Bangladesh-8602.
Teaching Experience (Japan):
Working as an assistant professor and research fellow under professor Dr. Yoshida
Kohki at Shinshu University during the period of 1 December to 31 March 2022.
MS and Intern Thesis Supervision:
Currently Four (4) MS students and three (3) Undergraduate students.
Current Research on:
“Recalculation of 2a-methylhopanes index as a robust proxy for the stress environmental condition.
Courses conducted by me:
Case Studies of International Projects on Disaster Resilience, Credit Hours 2
Sustainable Water Resource Management Credit Hours 2
Earthquake Engineering and Geo-Hazard Studies, Credit Hours 2
Disaster in Mining Exploration and Management, Credit Hours 2
Applied Hydrology and Water Engineering, Credit Hours 2
Project Management, Credit Hours 2
Research Methodology, Credit Hours 2
Disaster Risk Reduction: Principle and Practices, Credit Hours 2
Introduction to Hazard risk and disaster, Credit hour: 2
Indigenous Knowledge for Disaster Management, Credit hour: 2
Fundamentals of Hydrology, (Theory and Practical), Credit hour: (2+1)
Introduction to Earth Science Credit hour: 2
Earthquake Management and Engineering (Theory and Practical), Credit hour: (2+1)
Disaster Risk Management in Business Sector, Credit Hour: 2
Disaster Risk Management in Tourism Sector Credit Hours: 2
Fundamentals of Geophysics, CR 2
Oceanography, CR 2
Remote Sensing; CR 2
Presentation and argumentation skill CR 1
Assistant Provost, Sher-E-Bangla Hall-2, Patuakhali Science and Technology University. Since 01 Aug. 2012 to 31 July 2014
Implementation of Bangladesh Govt. Project:
- “Feasibility study to construct the Flood shelter in the River erosion and flood-prone area of Bangladesh” funded by the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR) organized by the Department of Disaster Management (DDM) of the Govt. of Bangladesh from 03 March 2022 to 03 July 2022.
- “Feasibility study to construct the cyclone shelter in the coastal and cyclone prone area of Bangladesh” funded by the Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR) organized by the Department of Disaster Management (DDM) of the Govt. of Bangladesh. 03 March 2022 to 03 July 2022.
Title: Geological field report on the Sitakund anticline, Chittagong District, Bangladesh.
- Training on Data Acquisition, Preprocessing, and Modelling using the PCRaster Phyton Framework Module 14, 19 ‐ 30 September 2022 at the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, The Netherlands.
- A certificate of participation in virtual joint staff and stakeholders training events of the projects `Integrated education with consumer behavior related to energy efficiency and climate change at the universities of Russia, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh (BECK) at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University on 30 June 2020, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- A certificate giving training on Outcome Based Curriculum and Education by Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Patuakhali Science and Technology University (PSTU), Dumki, Patuakhali, Bangladesh-8602 (10 June-17 June 2021), 6 days.
- A training course on Disaster management and monitoring using integrated space technology(RS-GIS-GNSS-GTV&V) by Bangladesh Space Research and Remote Sensing Organization(SPARRSO).(25 Sep-05 oct.2011).
- A training from Graduate Training Institute (GTI) Maymenshing, Bangladesh on “9th foundation Training for University Teachers” (12 May-10 June 2013).
- Able to drive a Car and Motorbike. (Japanese Driving License)
- Energetic and capable to adopt in any type of environment.
- Ability to work independently as a member of any team.
- Can work under pressure and enjoy working to meet the challenge.
- Singer and Plays Musical Instruments
- Python Programming for hydrological analysis
- QGIS and its application on the hydrological catchment area delineation.
- Data Analysis using Agilent Mass Hunter Software for the GCMSMS (Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry)
- A certificate course has been completed on Visual Basic Programs at the organization of PN Technical Institute (PNTTI) Sapura, Rajshahi.
- Python Programming Language and Data Science
- I have completed two courses on Remote Sensing & GIS from the Department of Geology & Mining, University of Rajshahi.
- Video Editing, Audio editing with Audacity, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Kaleida Graph, Camptasia9, and VideoScribe video editing.
- Skilled on Shopify e-Commerce Platform, for online store developments.
- Skilled on the Fiverr digital marketplace as a freelancer
- Word press front end and blog post
- Blogger Theme and front-end developments, theme customized.
- Highly skilled in internet browsing.
- Strong writing and verbal communication ability in Bangla
- Strong writing and verbal communication ability in English.
- Good at Japanese Speaking
- Reading Books, Newspapers, Watching documentaries and historical movies, Journeys, Music, and Watching Natural Beauty.